the best Nights sleep
If you are considering a latex mattress, you should be aware of its advantages and disadvantages. Let's take a look at these.
1. Exceptionally comfortable. It is an active response system, supporting your body with the same amount of energy that you give it. A latex mattress delivers ultimate comfort. As you lay down on a latex mattress, first you feel a soft sinking feeling, followed immediately by a buoyant supportive responsiveness (this is the active support). This is due to the natural springiness of latex, and it feels incredibly comfortable.
2. Helps pain relief. Latex mattresses are the perfect choice for those with back pain or joint pain. Most health authorities such as osteopaths, physical therapists and chiropractors recommend latex mattresses for pain relief. This is because of the constant support, comfort and cushioning properties of the latex, as well as its ability to promote natural spine alignment. In any case, if pain is interfering with your sleep, a switch to a latex mattress could help you significantly.
3. Natural spine alignment. A huge benefit of latex mattresses is their ability to promote proper spine alignment. Other parts of your body such as the shoulders and hips sink into the latex, yet lighter areas are still strongly supported to align the spine naturally. The ability to support the natural curvature of the spine is a huge benefit for health and wellness, as well as relieving pain. Other benefits of latex include good pressure distribution, blood circulation is improved.
4. All-natural. Latex is a natural creation, produced from the sap of the rubber tree; the sap is processed into a comfortable foam mattress. The buoyancy you feel when you lie down is entirely due to the natural properties of the latex. It’s all-natural origin, so you do not have to worry about toxic chemicals or metals being present in a latex mattress, unlike other mattresses.
5. Natural resistance to mold and dust mites. Latex is naturally mold resistant and dust mite resistant without the use of any added chemicals. This factor alone is a huge advantage in warm humid climates. Other types of mattresses are either not resistant at all - resulting in big problems such as visible mold growth - or they are resistant but only because harsh chemicals have been added. You won't want to sleep on a mattress which contains dust mites or mold, and neither would you want to sleep on a cloud of chemicals. Hence, latex is the ideal choice for a naturally hygienic and healthy sleeping environment.
6. Naturally allergen free. Did you know that the vast majority of allergies in the bedroom are actually caused by the body's reaction to proteins produced by dust mites or mold? Latex mattresses are naturally resistant to mold and dust mites, so they simply do not contain these allergens. Therefore, those who suffer from year-round allergies may find relief with a latex mattress.
7. Environmentally responsible. When you purchase a 100% pure latex mattress, you are supporting the growth of the rubber tree. Tapping the rubber tree to collect the latex-containing sap will not kill the tree. Therefore, the production of latex mattresses encourages the growth of rubber trees. Plantations are carefully managed to ensure their growth is sustainable. The trees in these plantations remove carbon dioxide from the air, so you are helping the environment when you purchase a latex mattress. There is simply no other type of mattress which is as environmentally responsible. All other types of mattresses require a lot of synthetic ingredients and harm the environment instead of helping it.
For those who want the ultimate in environmental friendliness, organic latex mattresses are available. This is becoming increasingly popular, especially among eco-conscious shoppers and parents of babies and young children. Organic latex is 100% natural latex which has been grown without the use of pesticides.
Whether or not you opt for the organic variety, you can feel good about doing your part for the environment when you purchase a latex mattress.
8. No metal, therefore no amplification of electromagnetic radiation. The zero-metal content of latex mattresses make them very popular among those who want to sleep safely. In contrast, the metal springs in spring coil mattresses are believed to amplify electromagnetic radiation, acting like an antenna: this is not a good environment for our bodies to sleep on.
9. Excellent air circulation. Latex has a natural open-cell structure, allowing for good air flow. In addition, a series of pinholes are added during the processing of latex, and this increases airflow even further. This excellent air circulation makes for a cooler night's sleep - a big advantage in the warm humid climate of Singapore. In addition to comfort, hygiene is another benefit of the superb air circulation of latex mattresses. Perspiration does not linger or make a latex mattress feel damp.
10. Does not transmit movement easily. The natural resiliency of latex means that movement on one side of the mattress is not transmitted easily to the other side. This means that if you sleep with a partner, you will both be a lot more comfortable and will sleep more deeply than you would on a mattress which transmits movement.
11. Highly durable. Latex mattresses are among the most durable types of mattresses. They last a lot longer than other types of mattresses before needing to be replaced. This high durability is one of the many reasons for the high level of owner satisfaction with latex mattresses.
1. Heavy. A latex mattress tends to be, on average, heavier than many other types of mattresses. That being said, all mattresses differ greatly in their weight, depending on the different types of materials present and their density. Overall though, a latex mattress can require a little more effort to move or lift. However, this is not a big drawback because it does not occur very frequently that you will need to move your mattress.
2. Cost. Latex mattresses tend to be more expensive than a regular spring coil mattress or polyurethane (PU) foam mattress. However, this is a case where the extra cost represents extra value. A latex mattress is more durable, and part of the cost increase is offset by the reduced frequency of replacing old mattresses. Another factor is the vastly improved performance that a latex mattress offers. You'll get a more comfortable sleep, healthier body support and a more hygienic way to sleep when you use a latex mattress. Furthermore, a very high-end spring coil mattress may quite easily cost more than a latex mattress, yet do not offer similar performance compared to a latex mattress.
The take-home message from this list of pros and cons is that latex mattresses deliver a stellar quality of performance. There are many advantages and very few disadvantages to purchasing a latex mattress. You'll feel more comfortable, well rested, healthier and happier after sleeping on a latex mattress.